A clear policy should be a key component of a digitization project. Some elements to consider when creating your policy include:
- Description of digitization activities and the management of digitization projects;
- Description of digital objects, file types and file formats for both preservation and access;
- Description of metadata schema(s);
- Definition of essential characteristics of the original (i.e. curatorial, archival, technical);
- Description of approach and quality levels for digitization.